What Are the Benefits of Preventive Dentistry?
Fort Lauderdale is home to many excellent dental practices, most of which offer preventive services and treatments to their patients. The advantages of choosing a dentist practicing preventive dental care include:
- cost savings over time by reducing the number of restorative services needed in the future.
- patient education that leads to better brushing and flossing techniques in the home
- more positive checkups with less plaque removal
- a better patient experience for children, resulting in a healthier smile
- brighter teeth and healthier gums.
Bové Dentistry specializes in providing our patients with preventive dentistry services that reduce cavities and result in more beautiful smiles. Feel free to schedule your next checkup with our staff – you'll be glad you did!
How Do I Know if My Dentist Practices Preventive Dentistry?
Does your dentist or hygienist offer you and your family patient education during your visit? For example, do you receive instruction on the proper methods of brushing & flossing, or have you received toothpaste and toothbrush samples and recommendations on which products to choose for your oral health? If not, you might consider switching to Bové Dentistry for comprehensive, preventive dentistry in Fort Lauderdale.
What Services Does Preventive Dentistry Include?
You'll find that a full-service dentist offers the following options:
- fluoride treatments to strengthen tooth enamel and prevent cavities
- Tooth sealants to keep bacteria from affecting teeth susceptible to cavities.
- Online resources and free website information that makes at-home dental care understandable and convenient
- Digital imaging to reduce radiation exposure and improve diagnosis of tooth decay
- An intraoral camera that confirms your dentist's assessment and treatment plan
- Sports mouthguards and night guards to prevent dental injuries
- Discreet orthodontics to straighten teeth and to avoid damage and decay
What Type of Dentist Does My Child Need to See?
Both children and adults benefit from seeing a general practice dentist who provides preventive dentistry in Fort Lauderdale. While it was once normal for a family to visit two or three different dentists throughout a treatment plan, that's no longer necessary, since many general dentists now invest in training and equipment to provide multiple services to patients. At Bové Dentistry, we strive to make your family's current and future oral hygiene a priority, concentrating on preventive services and treatments that help you avoid more costly procedures.
Schedule a free 'Meet & Greet' with our staff to share your concerns with us and ask questions about our care. As a new patient at Bové Dentistry, you'll find our practice on the cutting edge of the newest techniques, treatments, dentistry options, and services – all with the single goal of improving your patient experience and creating more beautiful smiles that last a lifetime.Preventative Dentistry Fort Lauderdale
View Larger Map